Box 20 Folder 4
The documents in this box show the correspondence from a small, but active chapter in Brevard County. From it's convening in August of 1973, the chapter would go on to push Florida legislators for ERA ratification, and other efforts. In 1977, the chapter was inactive for a little under a year until it was reorganized by Bertha Mather in 1978.
The collection of documents stops in November 1979 and there is no more information about the chapter in the collection. From this information, there is no indication as to when or if the chapter dissolved.
- Document 1 - August 1973 letter from Pam Ahlen to Carol Partlow with a list of potential members for the newly formed South Brevard NOW.
- Document 2 - Letter from Karen Coolman to Carol Partlow dated August 1973 with updates on convening South Brevard County NOW.
- Document 3 - Letter from Jackie Frost to Susan Ross dated July 1974 talking about starting the charter process for South Brevard County NOW.
- Document 4 - Letter from Tina Slaney to Toni Head dated March 1977 indicating that she sent information to Becky Berg about Thank You notes for Florida legislators.
- Document 5 - Letter from Marilyn Waters to Margaret Barovich dated April 1976 explaining that she will be moving out of state and will step down from president of South Brevard NOW.
- Document 6 - Letter from Toni Head to Rebecca Berg dated October 1977 asking her to distribute her paper titled "Feminist Religion." It seems that Toni has been trying to distribute it among NOW members, but she had not received the response she was looking for.
- Document 7 - This file contains two documents. The first is a letter from Toni Head to Rebecca Berg dated November 13, 1977 explaining that the chapter will continue to organize and will not disband. The second is a letter from Rebecca Berg to Toni Head asking if South Brevard County NOW would be disbanding, as previously discussed.
- Document 8 - Letter from Bertha Mather to the national NOW office dated January 1978 with the membership dues for two new members and a note explaining that members are trying to regroup and reactivate South Brevard County NOW.
- Document 9 - Letter from Rebecca Berg to Bertha Mather dated February 1978 noting the enclosed list of members (not listed here).
- Document 10 - Note dated February 1978 from Bertha Mather requesting names of National NOW members in the area.
- Document 11 - Note dated March 1978 from Bertha Mather with enclosed dues.
- Document 12 - Box 20 Folder 4 Document 12
- Document 13 - Newsletter dated November 1979 from South Brevard NOW with information about an upcoming party and general meeting, a report from the Florida NOW state council meeting, and two pages of information about embryonic transfer and working to oppose "mandatory motherhood."
- "A Guide to the Records of the Florida National Organization for Women." George A. Smathers University. https://web.archive.org/web/20140620031527/http://www.library.ufl.edu/spec/pkyonge/FLNOW.htm Retrieved 20 Jun. 2014.
- Box 20 Folder 4 Document 4
- Box 20 Folder 4 Document 8 p. 1
- Box 20 Folder 4 Document 6 p. 1