Box 21 Folder 21
The content of this folder follows Box 21 Folder 20. It seems as though the collection of newsletters is incomplete as the sequence begins at Volume 1, third Edition.
The documents in this folder chronicle Marion County NOW's rough beginnings. From relationship jealousy to a lack of excitement among members, this chapter eventually got its footing and was able to organize events and protests around many local and state feminist issues.
- Document 1 - Letter from Judy Wilson to Margaret Barovich with enclosed Marion County NOW newsletter dated March 1976. Newsletter includes updates of chapter elections, upcoming events, and information about the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Document 2 - Marion County NOW newsletter dated April 1967. Document includes upcoming chapter events, Florida legislative updates, the Southeastern Regional NOW Conference, and an advertisement for a speech by Gloria Steinem sponsored by Orlando NOW.
- Document 3 - Marion County NOW newsletter dated May 1976. Document includes chapter event updates, legislative call to action, details about the upcoming Florida Women's Political Caucus, and ERA updates.
- Document 4 - Chapter newsletter dated June 1976 with information about upcoming national events and legislation.
- Document 5 - Newsletter dated July 1976 with information about chapter activities, state organization updates, and an attached letter from Judy Wilson to Margaret Barovich.
- Document 6 - This document contains two newsletters, one September-October and listed as Volume 1 Number 9, the other undated and Volume 2 Number 12. Items include chapter elections, ERA events, Task Force updates, and recent actions against Publix.
- Document 7 - Marion County NOW newsletter dated January 1978 with information about the recent chapter officer elections, ERA updates, upcoming events, and changes in chapter by-laws.
- Document 8 - Marion County NOW newsletter dated February 1978 including updates on upcoming events and a call for an ERA extension.
- Document 9 - Marion County NOW newsletter dated March 1978 with updates about upcoming events, ERA organizing, and the opening of an abortion clinic in Ocala.
- Document 10 -
- Document 11 -
- Document 12 -
- "A Guide to the Records of the Florida National Organization for Women." George A. Smathers University. https://web.archive.org/web/20140621031527/http://www.library.ufl.edu/spec/pkyonge/FLNOW.htm Retrieved 21 Jun. 2014.
- Box 21 Folder 21 Document 1 p. 1