Box 21 Folder 6
From Florida NOW Archive
While the official Finding Aid document lists this folder as containing newsletters, the contents include internal correspondence.
- Document 1 - November 1977 personal correspondence from Madeline C. Brown to Rebecca L. Berg about changing addresses.
- Document 2 - Chapter correspondence dated November 1978 from Edna Saffy to Karen Coolman requesting another copy of the state newsletter.
- Document 3 - Chapter letter dated November 1973 from Jeanette Blevins to Karen Coolman with newsletter updates.
- Document 4 - Undated chapter correspondence from Alyce McAdams to Karen Coolman.
- Document 5 - Correspondence dated January 1978. Unreadable document.
- Document 6 - Undated invitation to a chapter event celebrating support of the ERA.
- Document 7 - Undated letter from Alyce McAdam to Karen Coolman asking to advertise in the Florida NOW state newsletter for her training sessions on self defense and rape prevention.
- Document 8 - Letter dated February 1973 from Edna Saffy to Judy Lightfoot asking for Karen Coolman's contact information and to get on the Florida NOW newsletter mailing list.
- Document 9 - Joint resolution dated March 1973 and signed by the leaders of Gainesville organizations expressing approval of ERA ratification.
- Document 10 - Report dated March 1973 from Jeanette Blevins to Jo Ann Lordahl and Karen Coolman with updates from Gainesville NOW events and upcoming plans. ERA ratification in Florida is the primary focus of the organization at this time.
- Document 11 - Mail-in questionnaire dated March 1973 from Gainesville NOW and UF Campus NOW with membership numbers and Florida NOW state conference planning.
- Document 12 - Letter dated March 1973 from Jeanette Blevins to Jo Ann Lordahl about politicians for the Gainesville area and their stance on ERA ratification.
- Document 13 - Invitation dated May 1973 for a women's health workshop.
- Document 14 - Letter from an unknown woman dated August 1973 to women on the Florida NOW Nominating Committee about sleeping arrangements.
- Document 15 - Personal note from Edna Saffy to Karen Coolman dated September 1973 with thanks and requesting phone bill reimbursement.
- Document 16 - Response letter to Edna Saffy from Karen Coolman dated October 1973 with information about the convening of Panama City NOW and updates about phone bill reimbursement.
- Document 17 - Undated letter from Alyce McAdam to Karen Coolman with information about a recent workshop on women in sports and a recap of a party for Billie Jean King.
- Document 18 - Advertisement for the Women's Renaissance Festival in October 1974 sponsored by Gainesville NOW and Gainesville Women's Health Center.
- Document 19 - Letter dated May 1975 from Carole Martin to Margaret Barovich with the results from the elections of Gainesville NOW and UF Campus NOW for 1975-1976.
- Document 20 - Letter dated November 1976 from Mary Paulic to the national NOW office asking to establish UF Campus NOW and requesting more information on the charter process.
- Document 21 - Letter dated March 1977 from Polly Doughty to Ann Gazaourian with updates from Gainesville NOW including board meetings, lobbying in Tallahassee, and an ERA letter writing campaign.
- Document 22 - March 1977 correspondence from Tina Slaney to Donna Burnell about chapter awards.
- Document 23 - Undated document prepared by Gainesville NOW and presented by UF Campus NOW with suggestions for effective speaking and leafleting/flyering.
- Document 24 - Letter from Rebecca Berg to Madeline Brown asking for more information on the Florida NOW state conference.
- Document 25 - Undated chapter information sheet for Gainesville NOW and UF Campus NOW.
- Document 26 - Letter dated January 1978 from Rebecca Berg to Madeline Brown. Berg is concerned that Brown is the only dues paying member that is registered for the organization. There are only four active members for the previous year and the newsletter has not been sent in over a year.
- Document 27 - Letter from Rebecca Berg to members of Gainesville NOW sending a convenor's kit.
- Document 28 - Letter dated October 1979 from Genece Minshew to June Hain encouraging her to talk to Kim Brown and COYOTE to get information about violence against women and prostitution.
- Document 29 - Letter dated December 1979 from Deborah Panny to Genece Minshew talking about leadership training planning for January.
- Document 30 - Letter dated November 1979 from Deborah Panny to Genece Minshew asking for a copy of the film "How We Got the Vote" and information on holding a leadership workshop.
- Document 31 - List of suggestions created by Gainesville NOW for speakers and advertising for NOW local chapters.
- "A Guide to the Records of the Florida National Organization for Women." George A. Smathers University. https://web.archive.org/web/20140621031527/http://www.library.ufl.edu/spec/pkyonge/FLNOW.htm Retrieved 21 Jun. 2014.