Box 23 Folder 3
The documents in this folder show that there was an interest in starting a chapter in the small town of Perry, Florida in the early 1970s. Deborah Gregory writes in July of 1973 to Pam Ahlen requesting materials to start a chapter and requesting assistance in gaining membership. Ahlen recommends following the steps of Key West NOW, another chapter in an "area also off the beaten track."
In April of 1974, however, Karen Coolman writes that the chapter had not sent an update to the State Coordinator's office in over a year. Coolman explains that the phone number for the chapter contact was unavailable and Tallahassee NOW wrote to the chapter offering assistance, but did not receive a response. It appears as though Perry NOW dissolved in early 1974 and was not reconvened after that time.
- Document 1 - Letter dated July 1973 from Pam Ahlen to Deborah Gregory about convening a new geographically "isolated" NOW chapter.
- Document 2 - Letter dated April 1974 from Karen Coolman to Debbie Gregory requesting updates from Perry NOW. The letter indicates that the state office had not been in contact with the chapter for some time.
- "A Guide to the Records of the Florida National Organization for Women." George A. Smathers University. https://web.archive.org/web/20140621031527/http://www.library.ufl.edu/spec/pkyonge/FLNOW.htm Retrieved 21 Jun. 2014.
- Box 23 Folder 3 Document 1 p. 1
- Box 23 Folder 3 Document 2 p. 1