Box 28 Folder 21
From Florida NOW Archive
The documents in this folder are not in chronological order, but show a re-convening of the chapter in 1993. There is a gap in newsletters held in the collection until 1996.
- Document 1 - Officer registry dated March 2001 from Okaloosa County NOW indicating that the chapter had 20 active members.
- Document 2 - Annual report dated 1992 for Okaloosa NOW indicating that the chapter was inactive in 1992.
- Document 3 - Letter dated 1993 from Carrie Nelle Moye to Siobhan McLaughlin indicating interest in starting the Okaloosa County NOW chapter again.
- Document 4 - Carrie Moye's personal resume dated January 1993.
- Document 5 - Newsletter dated January 1998 from Okaloosa NOW with a letter from the president, essays about Roe v. Wade and the assassination in Birmingham, an essay about the Challenger explosion, upcoming events, activist trainings, and an announcement of a collaboration with Habitat for Humanity to build an all-woman house.
- Document 6 - Newsletter dated December 1997 from Okaloosa NOW with a letter from the president about lobbying in Tallahassee, a recent legal case about a minor requesting an abortion, a demonstration in Washington DC, feminist bookstore online, a collaboration with Habitat for Humanity, and updates about discrimination in the Air Force.
- Document 7 - Newsletter dated October-November 1997 from Okaloosa NOW with a letter from the president apologizing for rescheduling a chapter meeting, an article on an abortion rights bill and Title IX in the national legislature, an advertisement for a conference on Positive Living, and a list of upcoming events.
- Document 8 - Newsletter dated September 1997 from Okaloosa NOW with a letter from the president about the deaths of Princess Diana and Mother Teresa, a recap of summer events, a calendar of events, an event to challenge homophobia with PFLAG, and a blurb to protest a NASA shuttle launch.
- Document 9 - Newsletter dated June 1997 from Okaloosa NOW with a letter from the chapter president explaining some upcoming chapter events, a Florida state legislative report from Florida NOW, a report from the UN Population Fund, and news from an abortion trial in Spain in 1986.
- Document 10 - Newsletter dated February 1996 from Okaloosa NOW with an updated from the president, an update to national same-sex marriage legislation, a call for volunteers for a crisis hotline in Okaloosa county, a recap of a protest from an anti-choice group, and an advertisement from PFLAG.
- Document 11 - Newsletter dated January 1996 from Okaloosa NOW with a letter from the president, updates about welfare reform, an anecdote about a woman seeking an abortion before Roe v. Wade, and a letter from Toni Van Pelt.
- Document 12 - Newsletter dated November/December 1996 from Okaloosa NOW with an update from the chapter president about violence against women, a recap of the Florida NOW state conference, Florida NOW officer elections, a discussion about "soccer moms" and the recent election, and a list of upcoming events.
- "A Guide to the Records of the Florida National Organization for Women." George A. Smathers University. https://web.archive.org/web/20140621031527/http://www.library.ufl.edu/spec/pkyonge/FLNOW.htm Retrieved 21 Jun. 2014.